Thank you for your patience while the 2022 Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund applications are being reviewed. Nearly 500 farmer veterans applied for funding this year, each with a unique and inspiring story of how their military career has brought them to agricultural work. The review committee is wrapping up a six-week evaluation process and plans to notify applicants of award decisions later this month. Notifications will be sent via e-mail to the address provided on the application.
The 2022 Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund marks the 12th cycle of funding in the program’s history and we will be awarding $500,000 in equipment and supplies this spring!
Here are some stats about this year’s applicants:
- Farmer Veterans representing 48 states plus Guam submitted applications—no applications from Wyoming and Delaware were received.
- Farmer Veterans in Texas submitted the most number of applications, followed by North Carolina and Tennessee, who tied for second.
- 16% of applicants identified as female, while 84% identified as male.
- All five branches of the military were represented with 51% of applications received from those who served in the Army.
- 80% of applications were received from prior enlisted while 20% were submitted by those who served in the officer ranks.
Be sure to keep an eye out for a notification email from us toward the end of the month at the email address you provided on your application.