Benefits of Using the Homegrown By Heroes Label
- The Homegrown By Heroes label differentiates veteran-produced products in competitive markets.
- It provides consumers a tangible way to support veterans. America loves her veterans and there is no better way for citizens to show their support than by purchasing the fruit of their labor.
- Displaying the label–for example, on your farmers’ market stand, egg cartons, canned goods, produce boxes, etc.–gives veterans the point-of-sale visibility needed to be successful in the marketplace.
- Displaying the logo on a farmers’ market stand–or anywhere you do business–invites consumers to ask about the label, providing an opportunity for the veteran to share their story and connect with their customers. In many cases, this leads to loyal, returning customers.
- Homegrown By Heroes brand awareness is growing rapidly as a result of national publicity and exposure. Your products will be associated with a unique and honorable food label, giving you a competitive advantage.
Founded by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture in January 2013, the Homegrown By Heroes label has been administered nationally by Farmer Veteran Coalition since Veterans Day of that same year. Since then, the program has expanded to include more than 1,800 members in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico.
Several State Departments of Agriculture have officially partnered with the Homegrown By Heroes label to produce a merged label combining elements of the state’s own ‘Buy Local’ label and the Homegrown By Heroes label. In order to display your state’s merged logo, you must first become certified with the Homegrown By Heroes label before certifying with your state’s department of agriculture. See below which states have created a merged logo–click on the logo to go to that state’s ‘Buy Local’ website.
Other states have partnered with the Homegrown By Heroes label and have elected to promote it separately, but in harmony with their own ‘Buy Local’ labels.
HBH Marketing STORE
Homegrown By Heroes-certified producers who need to purchase signage, packaging labels, etc. should visit the Homegrown By Heroes store by clicking here.
We offer 18-inch, double-sided, aluminum signs; 1-inch, 1.5-inch and 5-inch labels; and a 2.5-inch car decal.